Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sarah Kazmierczak (Domareki)

In brief, here's what I've done since GSA: graduated from Smith College, where I majored in English and spent my Junior Year Abroad in Geneva, Switzerland. After a year off, I earned a Masters in English at the University of Maine, where I met Michael John Kazmierczak, whom I married in 1997. Since Mike was on the way to becoming an English teacher, I suggested he apply to teach at GSA when Mrs. Durnbaugh retired in 1996, and he has been teaching there ever since.

Meanwhile, I began my teaching career teaching art, and then French, in two area elementary schools, and then French full-time at GSA when Anne Fontaine retired, from 1998-2002. We had our son Michael in December 2001 and after finishing that school year, I left teaching full-time but later did free-lance writing and then completed a Masters in French at UM, just before giving birth to our daughter Rose in August 2005. For now, I am enjoying the pleasures of full-time motherhood.

No comments: